If you are suffering from sleep apnea, it is important that you seek medical advice. If it gets severe enough, it may need to be treated with airway pressure devices (CPAP) that help keep your airways open. It is also possible to treat your condition at home by using certain essential oils. Here are the various ways you can use essential oils to relieve your sleep apnea symptoms:
- Rubbing the oil into the heels of the feet
- Rubbing the oil into your chest, neck or under your nostrils
- Diluting the oil in a glass of water as a gargle mixture
- Diluting the oil in a spray mixture
- Using a diffuser near your bed—if you own a diffuser this a great solution as you can inhale the oil over longer periods.
There are a multitude of natural remedies that individuals who suffer from snoring or sleep apnea can use. In most mild cases, these techniques help or relieve this sleep disorder.
Valerian root. An herb used for calming and sedating properties, valerian is shown to be useful for insomnia and chronic sleep disorders.
- Melatonin is a hormone that is secreted from the brain’s pineal gland. The gland regulates a person’s biological clock, particularly day and night cycles.
Kampo extract. Kampo is a concoction consisting of five medicinal herbs: Pinella, Hoelen, Magnolia bark, Perilla, and Ginger.
- Vervain is oftentimes used to relieve anxiety and depression. It has been shown to improve mild sleep apnea symptoms.
If your snoring or sleep apnea gets worse and starts effecting your daily life, it’s time to make a dental appointment to evaluate your case.
To learn more about essential oils, please contact Dr Alhadef at 214-368-2434 to schedule a consultation or visit our website at www.dallascosmeticdental.com.
Dr. Gary Alhadef, DDS proudly serves Dallas and all surrounding areas.